Chaperones play an essential role in creating a positive group experience at Long Island Aquarium, and being a chaperone is a great way to enjoy a visit to our facility.
Upon your groupâ€™s arrival at Long Island Aquarium, have your coordinator proceed to the Group Check-In at the Main Entrance. All others should remain on the bus until greeted by an Long Island Aquarium staff member.
(Remember to schedule a departure time with your bus driver, and make sure that you have your group outside at the Riverfront Parking Lot at the scheduled time.)
When checking in, your coordinator will need to provide a final headcount, so that each visitor can receive a wristband. An Long Island Aquarium map, schedule, and chaperone badge will also be distributed at this time.
As you serve as a chaperone, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Have your badge visible at all times;
- Remain with your group throughout your visit, regardless of ages;
- Accompany your group in ourÂ City Treasures Gift Shop.
- Share ourÂ Behavior GuidelinesÂ (seen below) with your group
prior to your visit;
- Know your dayâ€™s agenda â€“ including the location
and time of your departure;
- Report to the Information Desk near the main entrance
if a group member gets lost or injured.
Chaperones (minimum age 21) are key to a successful visit, and groups receive one free adult chaperone for every 10 paid admissions ages 3-21, or one free adult chaperone for each adult/senior group.
Considerate behavior helps ensure an enjoyable experience for all Long Island Aquarium visitors. When visiting our facility as a member of a group, please follow these guidelines:
- Be courteous and respectful by talking quietly and walking, not running;
- Do not write on walls, windows, or exhibit storyboards;
- Do not tap on windows or climb on exhibits, railings, or ledges;
- Use care in handling our animals;
- Consume food and drinks only in posted areas;
- Respect our neighbors in Riverhead, and demonstrate appropriate behavior
if visiting merchants along Main Street.